Saturday, November 9, 2013

Final Day - Miraval


I think today was the most relaxing day of my trip to Miraval. No challenge courses. No jumping off from high places. No horse telling me what my issues are. I went on a morning hike in the Sonoma Desert, played a little tennis, took a photography class, and went to a gratitude meditation.

It's been a life altering week for me. Key take-aways:

1. Get out of my own head; stop over thinking or over analyzing. Just do it.
2. I don't have a fear of heights. I have a fear of being exposed and vulnerable. And it's perfectly okay, even healthy, to be exposed and vulnerable.
3. Just let go and take that first step.
4. Trust myself and my body.
5. The fear is not real.

I wanted to share my experiences with you so that maybe you can learn something about the stories that are going on in your head and how they're stopping you from moving forward. I hope my journey has inspired you to try something different and really PUSH yourself out of that comfort zone, even if it means being scared.

I'll be back to Miraval soon. There are still some challenge courses I want to take. Next stop: Phoenix to spend time with some dear friends of mine 

Hugs and kisses from Tucson.

No comments:

Post a Comment