Thursday, November 7, 2013

Miraval - Day 3


I'm not even sure where to begin. So I accomplished Out on the Limb early this morning, which I didn't expect to do. Two steps. That's all I asked myself to accomplish. And I made it all the way across. It was so overwhelming I was crying when I get to the end (you couldn't see it in the video :-) ) It was exhilarating and terrifying and challenging. I was saying all sorts of meditations and chants and prayers while I was up there!

Afterward I knew I had accomplished my fear of letting go. The climb was scary too, but I think I got that down. It's the letting go and taking that first step. At the end I told myself I can accomplish anything: succeeding in business, in writing, and in love.

If you missed the video, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKB5UPvkrk0

Well, as if walking along a pole 25 feet in the air without any support wasn't enough, I was talked into doing another challenge called Face to Face. It involved climbing up that damn 25 foot poll again, but this time I was joined by a partner, Christine, whom I just met last night. Together we stood on separate cables a foot apart and had to hold on to each other for support as we took steps across the cable. Yes, before I climbed that ladder I was asking myself, "Why do you keep doing this, Dani?!"

In this case I was conquering the fear of failing. Since I had made it across the poll on Out on the Limb, I didn't want to disappoint myself by failing at Face to Face. Christine and I relied on each other, coached each other, and took three terrifying steps - a huge accomplishment! Afterward, I was a little disappointed that I felt I lost control. But I learned that it's okay to lose control sometimes. You just need to go with it and see what happens. (Check out the video of Christine and I doing our challenge below.)

It was an emotionally exhausting day. I ended it with a double limoncello. Hugs and kisses from Tucson!

No comments:

Post a Comment